GoBeDo

Thank you so much for stopping by! Time appears to be flying by way too fast and I'm looking to do something exciting with the rest of my life. I'll be starting an online fitness business called "GoBeDo" sometime this year. Be sure and check in. You'll learn about High Interval Training, Yoga, Body weight exercise, Spartan races, Functional training and whole lot more. Real $hit, for Old Timers like me. Why? We only have one shot at a grandiose and fulfilling life. Let's get busy creating one. Remember, it's the start that stops most people. The last thing I want to take to my grave is "regret!"
Peace/Love and Hugs!
Guapo (Grandpa Jasso)
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

IS YOGA SAFE?



Hey, it's Marco! My wonderful friend, Dashama, responds...
Aloha love,
This week there has been a great deal of discussion about an article written in the New York Times Magazine. I read the article and saw the photos. And I have to say, I agree with some of what was written. Here’s why.
Many people have come to me over the years for healing, after injuring themselves in another yoga class. Whether it was a neck strain, a strained or torn muscle, shoulders, wrists, joint problems or any other issue, these stories have always concerned me.
I can usually pin point what the issue was:
1). they were trying to do something beyond their ability
2). they were too warm from the heated room, thus being lead by a false sense of flexibility
3). ego was in control - as they looked around the room observing other students mastering gracefully advanced poses and in an attempt to look cool or try something out of their reach, injury was the only reward
4). not being present with the movements, with their breath nor with their original intention with the practice, therefore trying too hard to be something they are not instead of just being everything they are - which is perfect - exactly where they are.
Dashama Responds...

No comments:

Post a Comment