GoBeDo

Thank you so much for stopping by! Time appears to be flying by way too fast and I'm looking to do something exciting with the rest of my life. I'll be starting an online fitness business called "GoBeDo" sometime this year. Be sure and check in. You'll learn about High Interval Training, Yoga, Body weight exercise, Spartan races, Functional training and whole lot more. Real $hit, for Old Timers like me. Why? We only have one shot at a grandiose and fulfilling life. Let's get busy creating one. Remember, it's the start that stops most people. The last thing I want to take to my grave is "regret!"
Peace/Love and Hugs!
Guapo (Grandpa Jasso)
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"HFCS" Gave Me the Runs, but it's Good For Ya!



EaT sOmE CoRn.


Part of a campaign by the CRA to convince people that high fructose corn syrup isn't dangerous.

This just completely cracks me up, saying HFCS is just as healthy as sugar is like saying cyanide is just as healthy as arsenic.

But while I think these commercials are stupid, I also think this is the right way to go about it. HFCS is on the label, I get to decide if I want to eat it or not and so do you!

Even if you DON'T understand the science and cannot make an informed decision, don't you have the right to choose for yourself what you put in your body? I mean, do you need a science degree to order from a menu?





Now the second ad, is somewhat more blatant. In this commercial, the opponent of corn syrup appears to be a mother who wants her kids to have healthy food. But notice that she's also extremely rude, uninformed, and perhaps not very bright. She's unlikable, and her opinions about HFCS are contradicted by someone who's much more likable.

The HFCS-supporter-mom not only seems to know her stuff - it sounds like she's been rehearsing this conversation all week - but she's also very likable, and seems trustworthy. She's cool-headed, not getting upset when the other lady practically accuses her of being a bad mother and a terrible person. She's clever and well-informed. She's the kind of mom other moms want to be.

These ad guys really drive their point home, eh?

Oh, check out this "Spoof!"


No comments:

Post a Comment