GoBeDo

Thank you so much for stopping by! Time appears to be flying by way too fast and I'm looking to do something exciting with the rest of my life. I'll be starting an online fitness business called "GoBeDo" sometime this year. Be sure and check in. You'll learn about High Interval Training, Yoga, Body weight exercise, Spartan races, Functional training and whole lot more. Real $hit, for Old Timers like me. Why? We only have one shot at a grandiose and fulfilling life. Let's get busy creating one. Remember, it's the start that stops most people. The last thing I want to take to my grave is "regret!"
Peace/Love and Hugs!
Guapo (Grandpa Jasso)
Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 8, 2012

WHO'S BIGGER? Mr. Bigger or Mr. Bigger's baby?



Hey, Marco here! The answer? Mr. Bigger's baby! Why? Because he's a "little" Bigger! Nothing like starting out Monday in a good mood! Yeah, I woke up late! Anyway... Here's some quick tips for a better workout AND a bigger, but not much bigger body! Read on ~~

1. Keep your workouts short and sweet! Get in and out within one hour. Hey, you've got a life, right?
2. Train each muscle less frequently but with greater intensity. Alternate workouts while splitting up exercises, focusing on different muscles in consecutive training sessions 3-6 times a week.
3. Do cardio and aerobic exercise AFTER your weight training or as I do, on non weight training days.  I don't like to do cardio before my weight training. Okay, I'm gettin' old...
4. Always warm up and start with lighter weights and work your way up to the heavier plates.
5. As I learned from my trainer way back in the day, squeeze and flex your muscles between sets, especially right after a set. Oh, if you squeeze and get a cramp, which used to happen to me, increase your water and your trace minerals. (Don't know if there is any science to this, but it worked for me!)
6. Stretch lightly between sets instead of checkin' out the hot guy or girl in the spandex. And keep your eyes of the tv's which are all over the gym...
7. Always drink plenty of good, clean water through out your entire workout! And if doing cardio afterwards, drink a hefty glass before getting started. Water! Drink of Champions!
8. Take a protein shake, (I use Vega) or eat a hight protein meal with one hour of training. You can throw in some carbs too during this time.
9. And when possible, train with a fanatic! Someone who is enthusiastic about their health and body! Train, and keep the chatter to a minimum.
10. When finished, take a shower! Most gyms don't have filtered shower water, so be quick about it! And as Mom always said, "Make sure you have clean underwear!" (this won't make you bigger)

Peace! Love! Happy!
Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment