GoBeDo

Thank you so much for stopping by! Time appears to be flying by way too fast and I'm looking to do something exciting with the rest of my life. I'll be starting an online fitness business called "GoBeDo" sometime this year. Be sure and check in. You'll learn about High Interval Training, Yoga, Body weight exercise, Spartan races, Functional training and whole lot more. Real $hit, for Old Timers like me. Why? We only have one shot at a grandiose and fulfilling life. Let's get busy creating one. Remember, it's the start that stops most people. The last thing I want to take to my grave is "regret!"
Peace/Love and Hugs!
Guapo (Grandpa Jasso)
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What tha Hell happened to my Eggs this morning?



Marco here. Do you like eggs? Well, I do. Just not all the time. But when I eat them, I want them fresh. You ever crack one open and this nasty, evil, smelly red crap comes out? What tha hell? Did you know that in the United States, every egg carton sold in a store is required to be stamped with a number between 000 and 365. This number is the Julian Date and indicates the day of the year that the eggs were cleaned and packed into the carton. A carton stamped with 000 means the eggs were packed on January 1 and a number of 213 means they were packed on August 2.

The bottom line is that you want a date as high as possible ideally only a few days to a week from the Julian date of the day you are purchasing the eggs. Do not look at the date just to the right of the Julian Date as this is the expiration date of the eggs and could be up to six weeks after the eggs were packed!
For example, an egg carton stamped with the numbers 015 Feb 28 means that the eggs were packed on January 15 but the eggs can be sold until February 28 – a month and a half later!
Who wants six week old eggs that the store can legally sell as “fresh”? Not me!

Nasty eggs?

1 comment:

  1. Well that’s really great and I appreciate this post. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.For more information visit at: Health Stores
    www.healthstoresdirect.com

    ReplyDelete