GoBeDo

Thank you so much for stopping by! Time appears to be flying by way too fast and I'm looking to do something exciting with the rest of my life. I'll be starting an online fitness business called "GoBeDo" sometime this year. Be sure and check in. You'll learn about High Interval Training, Yoga, Body weight exercise, Spartan races, Functional training and whole lot more. Real $hit, for Old Timers like me. Why? We only have one shot at a grandiose and fulfilling life. Let's get busy creating one. Remember, it's the start that stops most people. The last thing I want to take to my grave is "regret!"
Peace/Love and Hugs!
Guapo (Grandpa Jasso)
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 12, 2012

WHAT'S THIS? MAKE YOUR OWN GREEK YOGURT?


Hey Hey! Now that's what I'm talkin' bout! Greek Yogurt! Love this stuff! Kinda expensive though...So make your own! And it does wonders for your smoothies! Here's what you'll need:


*1/2 gallon milk* – fat content of your choice (I use organic 1% milk which is crap btw.., or better yet, raw!) Just find a farm that will sell it to you...
*2 to 3 tablespoons real plain prepared yogurt (make sure it contains live, active cultures)
*cooking thermometer (Where the hell do you buy one of these??)
*cheesecloth to fit 4 layers in a large strainer
*Thyme! Oopsies...Time! LOL! 


Make Some Now!

PS! Greek yogurt is much thicker than regular yogurt because a lot of the liquid whey is strained out. It doesn’t need the pectin or other thickeners found in many yogurts. Greek yogurt is higher in protein than regular yogurt, with 8 ounces of the nonfat version supplying about 20 grams of protein – nearly double the protein – content of traditional yogurt. It’s also lower in carbohydrates, which means even less lactose for lactose-intolerant people. It's also substantially lower in calcium, but if you've spent any time here, you know it's best to get your calcium from other sources than dairy! Mooo! I think most dairy sucks, unless it's RAW, but I gotta have my yogurt! LOL! And ladies/girls, did you know that if you ever have a nasty "yeast" infection, you can add some yogurt to your tampon? That's right, add and insert! Fun huh? Yuck! I'm not jokin'! Learned that from an old girlfriend! Sincere apologies if that offends anyone. I'm only passing along info...

No comments:

Post a Comment